Notifications
Clear all

Titre rotation

9 Posts
4 Users
0 Reactions
(@herbflosdorf)
Topic starter  

Does anyone have any recommendations for a shop near the Villages who has experience rotating Tesla Y tires?

Rodge
(@selchr)

I’ve been going to Sumter Tire in Wildwood for a few years I would say they are the best customer service. I recently had a slow air leak due to a nail in my model Y tire.  Their prices are fair and I had them rotate my tires at the same time. My manual s states to do at 6500 miles so I just rotated each side front with back at 4000 miles. My one advice would be to reset your settings so that when you are not home Sentry is off when you walk away from the car as my car did when up on the lift. Yes embarrassing, I ended up using my mobile app to disarm.

ReplyQuote
(@mgsasek)

Thanks for your post.

I have a nail in my tire.  Hope they can plug it.  I'll find out today.

ReplyQuote
Rodge
(@selchr)

How did it go?  What would you do differently?

model s

ReplyQuote
(@mgsasek)

Well, Sumter gave the rear tires the "kiss of death".  Turns out that once you take the tires off the car, there was abnormal wear on the inside edge.  Mileage is 11,300, 15 months old.

Tire not worth fixing.  Took the car to Tesla. Cannot realign until you get new tires.  Ordered a pair from Tire Rack (Cooper Tire).  Tesla will install then fix the problem.  I expect to get some "flack" because the speed rating is 'T' not 'V' (118mph vs. 149). 

Saved a lot of money vs. the Continentals.

Feel free to comment.

ReplyQuote
Rodge
(@selchr)

Michael, So when did you rotate your tires? My tires are the 255/40 Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymetric. It seems like the asymmetric design with the inside wear required you to get new tires.  The Maintenace for MY Owners Manual 2020.44 is:

1-Rotate tires every 6,250 miles (10,000 km) or if tread depth difference is 2/32 in (1.5 mm) or greater, whichever comes first, next comes...

2-Clean and lubricate brake calipers every year or 12,500 miles (20,000 km) if in an area where roads are salted during winter

https://tesla-info.com/guide/owners-manual.php

ReplyQuote
(@mgsasek)

My Model X has 265 front; 275 rear.  Rotation not possible.  Both rear tires were severely worn on the inside edge.  After 11K miles on one 9,500 on the other.  Both tires not useable. 

It gets better!  Another Model X owner was in the Tesla shop and had the same problem only worse.  The radial belts were showing on the edge; after 15K miles.  He travels I-4 every day.  He was very upset!

I'm bringing the tire on Saturday to the meeting.

ReplyQuote
(@wowy)

My 2021 Model Y is just over one year old with about 8500 miles.  It has original Continental tires.  I bought a tire depth gauge.  I have measured each of four grooves in each tire and I still have 7/32nds tread (about the same as new).  We do drive conservatively.  When rotation is required, Tesla remote service can do at your home (they could do the cabin air filter at the same time and give the Tesla a look over).  I do not know the cost.

ReplyQuote
(@wowy)

I had my tires rotated today-7/18/22 by Tesla mobile service. Cost $65.00.

The technician stated, I should have them rotated each 8000 miles.

Also I should have the cabin air filter replaced annually or more frequent, but he didn’t have one on the mobile van.

I also had my wipers replaced at the cost including labor of $65.50.

in the Tesla app I requested service just two days ago. Service was here at noon today. What a nice perk.  I’m eating lunch instead of in a waiting room at a dealer.

ReplyQuote
Share: