Notifications
Clear all

RFID chip to open TV gates

3 Posts
3 Users
2 Reactions
(@bud-man)
Topic starter  

I just had a RFID chip installed in my side mirror on the driver-side in my MYLR to open the gates in The Villages. The gate card is copied onto a small round chip and put inside the side mirror. I live in Mallory Square. Now I just drive up close to a gate card reader and the gate opens. No more messing with a gate card. I'll keep my gate card in the center console just in case a reader doesn't work with my set up. I'm hoping it works most of the time. I'll let you know if I'm disappointed.

Ellie Yirfach, The Village Blacksmith, (352) 530-5984 was the vendor. He made sure it worked and it was completely out of sight. If you would like a RFID chip installed, he's your guy (only $25). He lives in The Villages and guarantees his work.

(@jmill)

Great info! I spent an inordinate amount of time on the phone with Homelink, trying in vain to figure out if the gates could be opened through their app. Short version: no, they can't.

Jim Mill

X Owner

ReplyQuote
(@wowy)

Ed Ingalls installed my RFID chip six months ago. It works great. The mirror has to be fairly close to the card reader for the gate to open. It was about $40. His phone number is 217-433-1394.

ReplyQuote
Share: